- ARIA 2013 Annual Meeting
August 4-7, 2013
Washington Court Hotel on Capitol Hill
525 New Jersey Avenue
Washington, DC 20001
- ARIA 2014 Annual Meeting
August 3-6, 2014
Renaissance Seattle Hotel
515 Madison Street
Seattle, WA 98104
- July 16-17, 2013, M.O.R.E. 27 Seminar: Ground effect and other impacts of solar storms on terrestrial infrastructure and consequential losses.
The seminar will be hosted by Allianz SE and held in Berlin at The Allianz Forum, Pariser Platz 6. Participation is free but prior registration is necessary; a more detailed programme will become available in March 2013. The seminar language is English, Chatham rules will apply.
Solar storms can influence the performance and reliability of space-borne and ground-based technological systems, and can have societal and economic impacts including endangering human life or health
Speakers and participants will be
- Experts involved with utility companies, power generators, power grid management, transmission network operators, manufacturers of such safety equipment as grid stability system, GIC and EMP.
- Researchers working in the domain of space weather, the impacts of solar storms and consequential potential losses,
- Policymakers, regulators and opinion makers,
- Risk managers and underwriters in this field.
Experts interested in participating in the M.O.R.E. 27 seminar are invited to contact Walter R. Stahel rapidly, at email@example.com. These interested parties will receive a confirmation at the end of March, accompanied by instructions on how to register on-line and the detailed program. Participation is limited to 50 people to ensure a lively discussion; registrations are accepted on a first-come first-served basis.
- Risk Theory Society Annual Seminar
April 5 - April 7, 2013
Philadelphia, PA USA
- SRIA 2013 Annual Meeting
November 24-26, 2013
Wyndham Lake Buena Vista Resort
- WRIA 2014 Annual Meeting
January 5-8, 2014
Napa River Inn
Membership renewal entitles you to:
- Subscriptions to the Journal of Risk and Insurance and the Risk Management and Insurance Review
- Receive ARIA’s newsletters
- Receive weekly email listserv announcements
- Access to the electronic JRI membership database
- Access to the teaching resources web pages on ARIA’s website
- Pay a reduced registration fee to attend ARIA’s annual meetings
- 25% discount on Wiley and Wiley-Blackwell books on wiley.com
- Vote in ARIA’s annual election
- Opportunities for networking, information, and support from other risk management and insurance professionals
Don’t lose opportunities to keep current—renew your ARIA membership.
ARIA Email Announcements:
ARIA regularly sends out email announcements/notices (known as the ARIA listserv) to its members. If you are a current ARIA member and you are not receiving email announcements, please send an email message to the Executive Office ataria@TheInstitutes.org and provide us with your current email address, or call 1-610-640-1997. Past listserv announcements are archived here.