ARIA is looking forward to two compelling panel sessions scheduled for the 2021 ARIA Annual Meeting. With our impressive list of panelists these are not to be missed sessions. We’ll see you there!
Emerging Risk: Catastrophe Models and Capital Markets
In this first panel, we’ll cover catastrophe models and capital markets.
- Vijay Manghnani, Ph.D. CRO and Chief Actuary, PIMCO ILS
- Shree Khare, Ph.D. Vice President of Model Development, RMS
- Scott Stransky Vice President, Emerging Risk Modeling, AIR
Session organizer and moderator:
- Joseph Qiu, Ph.D. Director, Property Reinsurance Underwriting, Cincinnati Re and member of ARIA’s Board of Directors
Catalysts and Conduits for Impacting Change: An ESG Perspective
This second panel is presented jointly by ARIA and the International Insurance Society (IIS).
2020 was a year of retrospect across social, political, and economic spectrums globally, inspiring a reexamination of priorities. Beyond social responsibility, insurers are acknowledging the value of stakeholder capitalism through ESG strategies that deliver shared value creation for customers, employees, shareholders, and society. This panel of experts will explore how insurers are actualizing ESG by embedding these principles into core strategy across the value chain; how these strategies are resonating in the boardroom; and assess the impact of insurers serving as a conduit for building sustainable markets with better impact for society.
- Joan Lamm-Tennant Former CEO, Blue Marble and IIS resident ESG expert
- Rowan Douglas Head of Climate and Resilience, Willis Towers Watson and Operating Committee Chair, Insurance Development Forum
- John Scott Head of Sustainability Risk, Zurich Insurance Group
Session co-organizer and moderator:
- Josh Landau President, International Insurance Society